Edited by Andy Lee Roth and Mickey Huff
Seven Stories Press
Did you know that over a thousand communities in the US are experiencing lead contamination at quadruple the rates found in Flint, Michigan? Or that the US Army has accumulated $6.5 trillion in expenditures that cannot be accounted for? What about the racially biased software used by judges to predict future crimes, or the fossil fuel industry's influence over environmental research?
Haven't heard the news? Neither did the rest of the world. That's because these and countless other news items are suppressed or ignored by our nation's "free press" every day. For the past forty-two years, Project Censored has been unearthing the buried stories that corporate media deem unfit to print--and debunking the "fake news" governments and corporations use to consolidate their power--to promote well-informed citizen action and critical media literacy.
This year's Project Censored yearbook features:
- "The New American Authoritarianism" by Nolan Higdon and Nicholas L. Baham III
- "Trump Universe," a graphic chapter by Adam Bessie and Peter Glanting
- "Defamation as Censorship in the Social-Media Era" by Elizabeth Blakey
- "Still Manufacturing Consent" by Edward S. Herman
- "Breaking Through Power" by Ralph Nader
Plus Junk Food News and News Abuse and Media Democracy in Action.
In a time of "post-truth" fictions and rampant propaganda, Project Censored is on the case, holding the corporate media to account for its misleading spins, convenient lies, and outright censorship.